Monday, April 30, 2012

Cuff: Leather + Metal = Warrior



I should give credits to brands or designers. But I tend to keep it anonymous so that this is a commercial free place for the pure pleasure of visual appreciation of what designers of our generation come up with.

The formula: leather + metal = warrior is the association that I made in my mind when I first saw this great piece, very uncommon among the girly realm of jewelry. The shape and color of the cuff reminds me of saddle. The rough texture which can stand on itself as some art piece because you can see mountains and rivers from the lines as in old Chinese painting add to the toughness and wartime feel, as if this pieces survived some ancient war and passed down accidentally to 21st century. 6 buttons on the metal and 4 buttons at the bottom closure give a perfect number 10.

Cuff as a sub-category of bracelet strikes me as a masculine sibling to its sister bracelet. Cuffs are normally chunky, solid, stiff, sculptured and may hit the table or whatever object that comes in collision with a dramatic clank. That alone may stop many consumers from wearing a cuff. When men have tiny decorative and status-conscious cufflinks, women (and men) wear cuffs to make statement about who they are. In this sense, it's much more dramatic than bracelets. This piece in particular spans probably a good 3/4 of your forearm and will certainly make an impression on surrounding people. But this person who wears it better be able to carry it out well with a fierce spirit.

If I can afford it, I would love to own the piece and wear it sometimes in the "urban jungle" to feel myself protected by the energy contained in this warrior piece and transform myself into a sort of warrior. I give it A+.

No comments:

Post a Comment