Thursday, May 3, 2012

Bracelet: Conversing ends


The simple and clean design has several merits:

1. I call it "conversing ends" because it's an open closure and the two ends have just a little bit gap between them as if they are in a deep forever-going-on conversation. I've seen the same kind of closure on more complicated designs, like the two ends in the form of dragon heads. BTW, in this dragon year, a lot of brands come up with dragon motif designs.

2. Asymmetrical placement of stones. Make it into threesome by adding a small dot next to one of the ends and you have two possibilities instantly: you can wear it with the small 3rd dot upside or downside. The otherwise simple piece gets directions and you can make choices how to wear it.

3. The uneven surface of the gold ring. It has a handmade feel (I don't know if it's really made by craftsmen instead of by machines). That irregularity adds subtlety and interest to the piece and make it "not so simple".

4. Stone color choice is on the "conservative" side. The designer may want to make the piece "classical". But please give me an emerald green or black stones. Or maybe like the last earring piece, make it tri-color. I would feel more urged to buy the cute piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment